This is political warfare.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) sent a letter to her Democratic colleagues yesterday completely twisting the narrative to try and pin coronavirus deaths on President Trump.
In the letter, Pelosi outlined a long list of “truths” about the COVID-19 outbreak in America that directly blame President Trump.
According to Breitbart, the “incompetent reaction to this health crisis” led to the destruction of the “strong economy” handed to Trump, Pelosi said blaming the president for “unnecessary deaths and economic disaster.”
“We will overcome this moment, but success requires one fundamental from which all actions will follow: we need the truth. To succeed in this crisis, we must insist on the truth, and we must act upon it,” she added.
Pelosi then listed six points all blaming President Trump:
- The truth is that Donald Trump dismantled the infrastructure handed to him which was meant to plan for and overcome a pandemic, resulting in unnecessary deaths and economic disaster.
- The truth is that in January Donald Trump was warned about this pandemic, ignored those warnings, took insufficient action and caused unnecessary death and disaster.
- The truth is that Donald Trump told his most loyal followers that the pandemic was a hoax and that it would magically disappear, thus endangering lives and paving the way for economic disaster.
- The truth is that we did not have proper testing available in March despite Trump repeatedly claiming that we did; and even now, we do not have adequate tests, masks, PPE, and necessary equipment, which creates unnecessary death and suffering.
- The truth is because of an incompetent reaction to this health crisis, the strong economy handed to Donald Trump is now a disaster, causing the suffering of countless Americans and endangering lives.
- The truth is a weak person, a poor leader, takes no responsibility. A weak person blames others.
Pelosi later went on to write, “But if we are not working from the truth, more lives will be lost, economic hardship and suffering will be extended unnecessarily and our children will not be safe, happy and learning.”
She’s one to be talking about economic hardships. Here is a video of Pelosi from yesterday showing off two $10,000+ refrigerators full of food from inside her mansion while Americans struggle to pay the bills:
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) April 14, 2020
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below…